Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Franken fail

Oh how quickly one's franken dreams can die.

I'd been wanting to franken a glittery robin's egg blue for quite a while.  After my blog sale haul, I was excited to get started.  I used Etude House's very very sheer mint green as my base color and was off to a promising start after adding some Urban Outfitters blue and green and Santee white.  It looked like a creamier, bluer version of the City Color mint green.

Pretty good, in the bottle at least.

My first franken

Unfortunately, things started going wrong when I added the glitter.  Despite a successful sample test, the glitter color started to leach once it had been in the polish for a little while, turning the whole thing into a slightly grayish, gritty, and not particularly glittery mess.

My first franken (fail)

Oh well.  Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment